CLAT is considered to be one of the highly competitive exams in the country. If you aim to get into top-ranked NLUs, you need to score good marks and a high rank in the exam.
A well-formulated plan and meticulous execution can help you to secure a higher rank in the CLAT 2022 exam. Many students worry about “how to secure a good rank in the exam?”, the one and only answer to this question would be to prepare your best and give your best in the exam. Read this article to have an insight on how to prepare for the exam.
To Get Maximum Marks in CLAT 2022 Follow a Study Plan
The idea of starting with a plan is to bring discipline and routine to your life, so formulate a plan and adhere to it. The candidates will have a better chance to complete the CLAT syllabus if they plan rigorously. Also, CLAT Preparation demands consistency, so go for a routine and study for at least 8-9 hours daily. However, the study hours may depend on different factors but not having a plan and consistency can lead to scattered preparation which doesn’t yield results.
Follow the Updated CLAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Some important changes were made in the CLAT exam pattern in CLAT 2021. So obviously, the candidates are very well aware of the changes and will prepare accordingly. Go through the CLAT 2022 exam pattern, marking scheme, types of questions asked, number of questions, etc. As for reference material to prepare for the exam, you can rely on Clat study material recommended by our toppers and experts.
Looking at the marks distribution of each subject, it can be inferred that some subjects carry more weightage than others. So while making a plan, you should prioritize these subjects.
Prepare Notes of Daily Current Affairs
The current affairs section will contain passages of around 450 words, and questions will be asked from daily events of national and international importance and other news. Candidates must prepare general awareness on a daily basis by reading the newspapers and magazines. Generally, one should keep track of the current affairs of the past 8-9 months.
You can use the following reference material for the current affairs section:
- The Hindu newspaper
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- The Indian Express
- Danik Jagaran
- Learn at least 4-5 new words daily to improve your vocabulary.
- You can crack this section if you’re good at reading, so improve your reading skills by reading newspapers, magazines, or novels.
- The quantitative aptitude section will have elementary-level questions, so make sure you practice questions from Class 10th and 12th.
- Ensure you are clear in your concepts.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Read current affairs daily to be updated with the current happenings in the world.
- Focus more on topics related to Art & Culture, Economics & Technology, Legal Affairs, Books & Authors, and General Science.
- Make sure you practice a lot of questions on Critical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning.
- Solve mock tests regularly to know the difficulty level, and questions asked in the exam.
- This section also requires strong reading skills, so read editorials from the newspaper or articles on legal affairs.
- Some important topics are Law of Torts, Law of Contract, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, and Family law.
Take Mock Tests Regularly
Mock tests are the tool that helps in enhancing learning and exam preparation. CLAT is easy to crack if you practice, so take Clat 2022 mock test series to boost your preparation and give the final touch to your preparation. But, just taking mock tests won’t help; you need to analyze your mock tests and give at least 4-5 hours to do a thorough analysis. This will help you to play with your strengths and understand your weaknesses.
Work on Building Concepts
The CLAT exam is now a comprehensive paper, so you have to prepare accordingly. Focus more on reading; read newspapers, books, magazines, legal news, and everything you like. Comprehension-based questions will be asked in all the sections, so mugging up will not help you; you will have to work on your basic concepts. Try different strategies while taking the Mock Test Series for Clat 2022 and see which one suits you best. Once you have identified your strategy, practice it to the core. And remember to enjoy the process of learning along with your hard work, which will fetch you good results.
The Final Word
If you incorporate these strategies in your preparation, you will surely boost your scores. Also, if you’re planning to prepare for CLAT, you can take CLAT 2022 Coaching and prepare your best.