CLAT is one of the prominent law entrance exams in the country. However, it is a tough exam to crack with five different sections to prepare for. Out of all, Legal Aptitude tends to stress students as most of them don’t have prior exposure to legal terms and legal maxims. But, with regular practice, aspirants can easily score good marks in the legal section. The preparation for the Legal Aptitude for CLAT is a bit tricky; hence we’ll discuss some essential tips and strategies in this article.
Important Topics Under CLAT Legal Aptitude Syllabus
The total number of questions asked in this section is 35. Therefore, it is crucial to focus on this section, so you don’t miss out on anything and clear all your concepts. Some of the key topics are given below:
- Study of Law
- Research Aptitude
- Problem-Solving Ability
- Questions Based on Hypothetical Situations
- Important Court Decisions
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Penal Code Law of Torts
- Indian Contract Act
- Legal Fundamentals & Terms
Also Read: How to prepare for CLAT 2022
CLAT Legal Aptitude Books for Preparation
Candidates should choose the best CLAT Legal Aptitude study material and books from diverse sources. Some of the important study material that candidates can refer to are given below:
- LexisNexis Butterworths
- Complete CLAT Companion by Harsh Gagrani
- CLAT Compendium by Law Prep Tutorials
- Universal’s CLAT Guide
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- Newspapers such as – The Hindu and The Indian Express
- Legal journals
- Legal current affairs
- News and editorial analysis
Inculcate Reading Habit
If you have planned to make a career in Law, you should develop a habit of reading, because first, it will help you crack CLAT, and second, it will help you read comprehensive books in college. Stay updated with the legal knowledge and news related to judgments and law.
To improve your reading skills, read the daily newspaper, magazines, legal journals, books about the laws, including Constitution, Polity, etc.
Also Read: Expert Tips to Prepare for CLAT Legal Reasoning
Solve Mock Tests
Attempt previous year’s Legal Aptitude questions for CLAT and mock tests as it will help you practice and revise your syllabus. Moreover, it will help you understand the CLAT exam pattern and test your preparation on various levels.
Mock tests help to improve time management skills and confidence levels too. Law Prep Tutorials provide both online and offline mock test series; students can take advantage of them and start practicing to score well in the exam.
Clear Your Doubts
Clearing your doubts is essential while learning. Hence it is advised that students reserve a slot for doubts clearing while preparing a plan. When you come across a problem, you can mark it or write it down to ask your mentor, but make sure you resolve it on the same day.
Also Read: Sure-shot Tips to Prepare for CLAT English Language Section
CLAT is a lengthy and time-consuming paper as most questions are asked in passage form. So it is essential to read and comprehend the passage simultaneously to avoid wastage of time. While practicing, keep a check on the time and try to solve the problems within the time limit. Apart from this, solving sample papers and mock tests are the best way to boost your speed and help you complete the paper within the time frame.
Important Points To Remember
- Devote at least 2-3 hours to the Legal section daily.
- After completing the CLAT syllabus, try to solve two mock tests daily. The CLAT toppers have mentioned that they solved 80-100 mock tests during their preparation phase.
- Keep a check on important legal judgments and social and economic news as the comprehension passages will be derived from the same.
- You don’t need to be well versed with law or study it in detail. All you need to have is a general idea of the subject so you can easily solve the questions.
- Always read the comprehension first and then move on to the questions. Otherwise, you’ll form opinions by reading the hypothetical situation first and end up marking wrong answers.
- While preparing, make CLAT Legal Aptitude notes, so it is easier to revise them in regular intervals.
The Last Word
Remember to work consistently and put in your hard work, as it is the only key to succeed in the CLAT exam. Stay positive and prepare well.
Leave a Reply