Since there is a notion that CLAT is an exceedingly tricky exam, candidates mostly opt for CLAT online coaching to avail of the professional guidance of industry experts to help them ace the exam. There are many coaching centers available, and you can also find plenty of them across the web. However, not every candidate can afford to join coaching.
For such aspirants, the best option is self-study, which means they prepare for the CLAT exam without coaching.
Proper coaching can help candidates crack the CLAT exam. But still, if you are determined, you can crack the CLAT without coaching.
How to Prepare for CLAT 2024 Without Coaching
First, you must develop an optimistic attitude towards the exam and your preparation. Have faith in your competence and believe in your hard work. Since you won’t have anyone else to guide you, only your motivation shall be your guiding spirit. Firstly, be firm about your decision to study alone.
Now that you have decided to study on your own, let us get started:
Here are the CLAT 2023 Study Plan & Preparation Tips:
Your primary task should be to prepare a working strategy for the exam. Go through the syllabus and previous year’s papers to understand the exam and its needs well. Direct your preparation strategy to be complementary to the exam’s needs. Your strategy must include both the long-term and short-term goals. Also, make sure that you set attainable targets for yourself and not something too difficult to achieve.
2. Note Down Your Strengths and Weakness
After you know about the needs of the exam, it is time for some introspection. Not everyone is good at all the skills needed to ace the exam. But it is vital that you know which are your weak areas. Every single day you have to work on your weak points. Also, figure out the weightage of marks for each section so that you know how much to focus on these areas.
3. Prepare a TimeTable
Since you are studying by yourself, you need to prepare a timetable keeping these few points in mind:
- Make it flexible and sustainable. Do not make it too tight because you won’t be able to follow it in the long run.
- Allocate enough time each day for preparation. At least 5 hours of study and practice every day is essential to crack CLAT, especially when you do not have any coaching to guide you.
4. Get Concepts Cleared
This is another central point to focus on. Most people think CLAT is about knowing the Indian Constitution and jurisdiction. But most of the time, simple basics can help you score well in the exam. So, focus more on the basics and then move on to practice questions that include their application.
More Self Study tips for CLAT 2024 Exam
Here are the top self-study tips for performing well in CLAT Without Coaching:
- Dedicate enough time for all the sections and treat them equally.
- Your timetable should be realistic and sustainable. Do not over-exert yourself.
- Focus more on clearing the basic concepts
- Stay updated with the current information. It will help you to perform better in multiple sections of CLAT.
- Practice mock tests for better performance
- Practice previous year’s questions for a clear understanding of question types.
- Stay motivated, and do not lose hope.
We hope the above CLAT Study Plan & Preparation Tips are useful. CLAT is the central, most important exam in the life of any candidate aspiring to have a legal career. Thus it is needless to re-emphasize the importance of the exam. A reputed CLAT coaching can help you perform better in the exam. Such guidance will also help you to explore your weaknesses and work on them. At the same time, it will help you focus on your strengths and use them to push up your overall scores.
CLAT coaching classes are often equipped with mock tests that simulate a real-time exam environment and improve your time management skills. Enroll today, and perform better in the CLAT 2024 with expert guidance.
Leave a Reply