Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the well-known law entrance exam conducted by various National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis. Every year, the exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission in top NLUs and other law colleges. Candidates who wish to appear in the Common Law Admission Test 2022 must fulfil the CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Consortium. In this article, we will discuss various aspects of eligibility criteria such as educational qualification, age limit, and others.
CLAT 2022: Eligibility for Undergraduate Programs
To qualify for the CLAT 2022 exam, the candidate should have passed 10+2 or any equivalent exam with the following percentage:
- 45% marks for candidates belonging to the Unreserved/General/OBC/Specially-abled Persons (SAP) category.
- 40% marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to the SC and ST category
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 10+2 can also appear for this examination. However, they should be able to produce evidence to prove that they have passed 10+2 at the time of admission.
CLAT 2022: Age Limit
There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2022.
CLAT 2022: Application Form
The Consortium of NLUs will tentatively release the application form for CLAT 2022 in the first week of January. The exam authority will first release the admission notification marking the start of the registration for the exam. Candidates can fill in the online form at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. For more help in filling the application form, candidates can follow the guidelines below.
- Candidates will have to register and create a CLAT login to access CLAT Application Form. To register, candidates will have to provide their details like name, contact number, email id, and password.
- Once candidates have registered, they can move ahead to fill the CLAT Application Form. They have to upload their passport size photograph, signature, personal information, educational qualifications, and communication details here.
- Then they can select the NLUs according to their preference and three exam centers.
- If applicable, candidates must provide their reservation details and then submit the CLAT Application Form.
- After submitting the Application Form, candidates can make payment online via debit/credit/UPI or Net Banking and submit the registration fees as mentioned below.
|General/OBC/PwD/NRI/OCI/PIO category||Rs. 4000|
|SC/ST/BPL category||Rs. 3500|
CLAT 2022: Number of attempts
Candidates may note that the NLU Consortium has not prescribed any CLAT age limit for appearing in CLAT 2022, which means candidates can appear in CLAT UG as many times as they want.
CLAT 2022: Important points to Remember
Candidates who failed to meet the eligibility criteria of CLAT 2022 will be disqualified even if they have cleared the entrance exam. Hence, candidates must read the eligibility criteria very carefully as prescribed by the Consortium.
- Aspirants appearing in the qualifying exam (Class 12 for CLAT UG) must secure the minimum required marks. Candidates who failed to secure the minimum prescribed marks in the qualifying examination will be disqualified from the CLAT admission process.
- Aspirants appearing in the qualifying examination will have to submit the mark sheet/certificate of their qualifying examination at the time of counselling, failing which, their admission will be cancelled.
- Candidates applying under the reserved category or domicile category must submit the documents supporting their claim.
Q1. I will appear in Class 12 this year. Can I apply for CLAT 2022?
Ans. Yes, if you will appear in Class 12 or any equivalent exam, you can apply for CLAT 2022. However, to become eligible for the admission, you will have to pass the exam with the minimum qualifying marks.
Q2. What law programmes are offered by the NLUs through CLAT 2022?
Ans. On the basis of CLAT 2022 scores, the NLUs will offer a 5-year integrated LLB programmes such as BA LLB, BBA LLB., BCom LLB, BSc LLB.
Q3. What if the candidate is from a Science background? Can they apply?
Ans. Yes, the CLAT eligibility criteria 2022 depicts that candidates from all academic backgrounds (Commerce/Science/Arts) can apply for the CLAT exam.