The Consortium of NLUs – National Law Universities has announced that CLAT 2021 will be held on June 13, 2021. But, considering the second wave of COVID-19, the exam dates are to be reviewed. Also, similar to the last year CLAT 2021 will also be a social distanced test. As of now, the exam is to be held through offline mode. NLU consortium will release comprehensive CLAT exam day guidelines to follow during this COVID-19 pandemic. Students need to follow these prescribed rules and regulations on the day of the CLAT exam. Any violation of these rules can lead to debarment and cause trouble for the students.
Medical Instructions for CLAT 2021
- Students are advised to participate in the thermal screening process at the exam centre gate.
- Maintain social distancing at the exam centre and do not form groups at the exam hall.
- Spray machines with disinfectants will be used to sanitize the examination centres thoroughly.
- Sufficient hand sanitizers and hand soap will be present across the examination centres.
- Sufficient administrators, invigilators and cleaning staff with face masks and hand gloves will be deployed at the examination centre.
- You’ll not be permitted to enter the exam hall in case you are suffering from a cold or cough.
- The isolated students will be provided with 3 ply masks and gloves at the exam centres.
- Students will be directed to the isolation lab to take the exam if their temperature is >99.14
- If you are arriving with a scribe, then you and the scribe should carry the N95 mask.
- Make sure to switch off your cell phones and deposit them at the designated location.
General Exam Day Instructions for CLAT 2021
- The examination centre allotted in the admit card is final and cannot be requested to change.
- Keep your admit card and ID proof ready for verification at the gate entrance of the centre.
- You must submit the SAP or PWD certificate if you opt for the scribe.
- You should sign on the admit card only in the presence of the invigilator.
- You cannot bring any sheet of paper inside the exam hall.
- The duly signed medical self-declaration should be shown at the entrance gate and should be submitted to the invigilator.
CLAT Code of Conduct
- Make sure to bring the CLAT 2021 admit card and any government ID proof on the day of the exam. Otherwise, you’ll not be allowed to take the exam.
- Reach the exam centre at least before an hour.
- You will be disqualified to take the exam if found copying or giving assistance to anyone.
- Any kind of electronic device is not allowed in the examination centre.
- Write your roll number on the rough sheet provided at the exam centre and dump it in the drop-box before leaving the centre.
- You will not be allowed to take the exam if tested positive or under medical surveillance.
- Only major items, including masks, gloves, transparent water bottle, sanitiser (50ml), admit card and ID card, will be allowed in the examination hall.
CLAT Exam Dress Code
- Make sure you dress in the most comfortable clothes to avoid any stress during the exam.
- You must wear a half-sleeve shirt or t-shirt that does not have any large button or badge.
- It is advised to wear slippers or sandals as shoes are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Females are not allowed to wear any kind of rings, big earrings, nose pins, chains, badges, etc.
CLAT 2021 Banned Items
- Any sort of food items or metallic items are banned.
- Electronic devices like Bluetooth, cell phones, headphones, camera, headsets, pager, health band, microphones are prohibited.
- Items including sunglasses, handbags, wallets, caps, belt, etc
- Stationery Items such as books or paper, pencil box, calculator, geometry box, electronic pen, pen/pencil, scanner, writing pad, eraser, scale, bits of papers, etc.
If you are found in possession of any of the above-mentioned items in the exam hall, the officials will consider it offensive and use unfair means, and take action against you. So, consider the guidelines and take them seriously.