LSAT India 2022: About
LSAT – Law School Admission Test India is an entrance exam conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) to offer admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate law courses. The shortlisted candidates are offered admissions to various colleges in India.
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) released the LSAT India 2022 application form on October 18. The registrations for the January test are open till January 3, 2022, and register for the May test till April 25, 2022.
The LSAT exam for the January session will be held on January 15, 2022, and the second test will be conducted for a period of 5 days starting from May 9, 2022. LSAT India will be conducted in online remote proctored mode. The exam will test your reasoning ability and critical thinking skills, which play an important role in understanding law.
LSAT India 2022: Important Dates
Discover Law will release the LSAT 2022 exam schedule soon. You can find the tentative dates for the exam below:
|LSAT Registration Starts||18-Oct-2021||Application forms are available at discoverlaw.in.|
|Introductory Discount Ends||5-Nov-2021||Students registering before this date will have to pay an amount of INR 3499.|
|Early Bird Registration Ends||15-Dec-2021||Early bird registration with applicable discounts shall end after this date.|
|Registration Closes for January||3-Jan-2022||Candidates have to fill the form completely and submit it before the last day of application.|
|Test Scheduling for January||04 to 08-Jan-2022||Students can schedule their January test in this period.|
|LAST India Exam for January||15-Jan-2022||The January cycle exam will be conducted on this date as an online proctored mode.|
|Score Card Release for January LSAT||First week of February 2022||LSAC announces the result of the Jan cycle on the official website.|
|Registration Closes for May||25-Apr-2022||Candidates have to fill the form completely and submit it before the last day of application.|
|Test Scheduling for May||26 to 30-Apr-2022||Students can schedule their May test in this period.|
|LAST India Exam for May||Starting 09-May-2022||The May cycle of LSAT India is scheduled over a period of 5 days.|
|Score Card Release for May LSAT||First week of June 2022||The May cycle scorecard shall be available on the official website.|
LSAT India 2022: Highlights
|Exam Name||Law School Admission Test – India|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||Twice a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online proctored|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 20 minutes|
|Participating Colleges||26 colleges|
LSAT India 2022: Application Form
The application process for LSAT India is open for both the cycles that are to be held in January and May. There will be introductory and early bird discounts on the application fee. The fee for LSAT India 2022 registration is as follows:
|Particulars||Introductory Discounted Fee||Fee Without Any Discount|
|Registration fee for January test||3499||3799|
|Registration fee for May test||3499||3799|
Steps to apply for LSAT India 2022 are as follows:
1) Registration: Click on the application link and fill in the application form that opens. Details required are your name, email id, mobile number, pin code, and academic details.
2) Fill in the form: In this step, you’re required to fill in your personal details like your communication details, course preferences, preferred colleges, and exam centers. Note: A maximum of THREE centers can be selected in the order of priority.
3) Upload Documents: You need to upload your photograph and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
4) Fee Payment: The fee can be paid online using credit/debit cards or net banking.
LSAT India 2022: Eligibility Criteria
LSAT has not stated any specific eligibility criteria. However, candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria for UG and PG law courses offered by various law colleges:
- For 5-year integrated LLB course: Candidates must have cleared Class 12 or any equivalent exam.
- 3-year LLB course: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognised university/college.
- LLM: Candidates must hold a degree in law i.e. LLB degree from any recognised university/college.
LSAT India 2022: Courses Offered
- BA LLB
- BCom LLB
- BBA LLB
- BBA LLB (Hons)
- BA LLB (Hons.)
- BCom LLB (Hons)
- BTech LLB
- BSc LLB
LSAT India 2022: Exam Pattern
The complete details of the LSAT India 2022 exam pattern can be checked from the table below.
|Mode of exam||Online, Computer-Based Exam to be proctored remotely using AI technology.|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours 20 minutes|
|Number of questions||Around 92|
|Sections||The exam will consist of four sections: Reading ComprehensionAnalytical ReasoningLogical reasoning – 1Logical Reasoning – 2|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice type (MCQs);Each question will have four or five answer options, out of which one will be the correct option.|
|Marking scheme||There is no negative marking.|
|Scoring pattern||Test scores will be scaled between a score band of 420-480. Results will also be available in percentile form.|
|Scoring pattern||Test scores will be provided as a scaled score between 420 and 480, a score band, along with percentile rank.|
|1.||Reading Comprehension||24||35 mins.|
|2.||Analytical reasoning||23||35 mins.|
|3.||Logical reasoning – 1||22||35 mins.|
|4.||Logical reasoning – 2||23||35 mins.|
|Total||Around 92||2 hours and 20 minutes|
- Candidates are not provided any break between the sections. There will be a warning of 5 minutes displayed on the screen before the 35 minutes of the section are to get over. After the time gets over, candidates will have to move to the next section.
- Candidates cannot switch between the section; they are allowed to work only on the section which is tested at that particular time.
Documents Required at Exam Centre
- Admit card
- Valid photo ID (Aadhar Card/ E-Aadhaar copy/ driving license/ UID/ passport/ PAN card/ voter ID/ election Card/ SC/ ST certificate along with the photographs)
- In case not having any of the above, then photo identity provided by the school/ college/ university/ employee ID with photograph and signature/ military ID or military dependent ID with the photograph of the candidate.
- In case of not having any of the above, two of the following: Original 12th-grade standard admit card copy with photo/ school ID with photo/10th-grade mark sheet or tenth pass certificate having photograph and DOB.
- HB pencils, sharpeners, erasers.
LSAT Selection Process
Admission to law schools is based on the performance of the candidates in the LSAT India exam. The admission procedure differs from college to college, and the candidates are required to check with the respective colleges for further details on the admission process.
If you want some preparation tips for the exam, read: LSAT Preparation Tips
Stay tuned for latest LSAT updates and other law related articles.
Also read – CLAT, LSAT and AILET Comparison
Leave a Reply