CLAT is conducted every year for admission to the prestigious National Law Universities (NLUs), government, and private top-ranking law colleges in India. The exam is conducted at the national level for law aspirants who wish to get admissions to the best law colleges in India. The exam tests the candidates on various parameters. Since CLAT 2022 & 2023 is divided into five sections, the students aiming to clear the exam have to make an overall strategy and a full proof study plan for its preparation.
The CLAT study plan will help you to prepare in a systematic manner. Listed below is a nine-month study plan for CLAT 2022 & 2023. Candidates who wish to take the CLAT 2022 & 2023exam can refer to this plan and start their preparation.
Let’s Look at The Study Plan for 9-Months
Month 1: Start Your CLAT Preparation
- Start reading the Hindu newspaper every day and continue reading it till the end of the exam.
- Current affairs. Note down all the important events happening every single day.
- Read Legal news—constitutional law and amendments.
- Static GK; Arts and culture of India and world, literature, Economics.
Month 2: Study GK and Legal News
- While studying current affairs, focus on legal news also.
- Watch the news regularly to be updated with all the current issues happening across the globe.
- Cover topics including, Sports, History, Geography, Art & Culture, Government policies, Economics, Books, Awards, National & International Events, Organizations, and people.
- Every 15 days, revise to remember what you have studied in the past.
- Try to attempt at least 1-2 previous years’ papers in a week.
Read more: How to prepare for CLAT GK ?
- Remember, elementary-level mathematics is all you need to clear this exam.
- Clear your basics in Math. Solve elementary level questions; age-related problems, averages, profit and loss, time and distance, ratio and proportions, etc.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to know the CLAT pattern of questions and the difficulty level.
Month 4: Complete the syllabus for English
- Read newspapers, editorial columns and magazines to improve your reading speed.
- Practice reading comprehensions, so you have an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Practice basic rules of grammar.
- Read fiction and non-fiction books to improve your vocabulary.
- Make a list of important topics so it will be helpful in the revision period.
- This section will test your logical thinking.
- Practice questions on blood relations, puzzles, syllogism, clocks and calendar, coding & decoding, etc.
- Allot two hours to this section and practice questions on logical reasoning every day.
Month 6: Complete syllabus for Critical Reasoning
- A good Vocab will help you clear this section. Try to find the relationship between the two words in the right context.
- Practice questions on facts, judgments, and inferences, strengthening and weakening arguments, assumptions, and conclusions, etc.
- Practice reading and solving questions every day.
Month 7: Complete the syllabus for Legal Aptitude
- Acquire sound knowledge on Judgements, laws, amendments, constitution articles as most of the questions are based on law.
- Have a sound knowledge of the most commonly used legal terms and legal glossary.
Read more: Subject-wise strategy to crack CLAT exam
Take a Look at The Strategy to Crack CLAT 2022 & 2023
Start Early – When you start early, you will have ample time to finish the CLAT syllabus and go through revision multiple times. When you have sufficient time to prepare for the exam, you can gain in-depth knowledge and practice thoroughly.
Solve CLAT mock test and sample papers – When you take mock tests, you will have a fair idea of the actual exam. The CLAT mock test series provided by Law Prep will help you examine your preparation and know how much more effort you have to put in to clear the CLAT exam.
Know your weaknesses and strengths – With enough practice of the CLAT mock test series, you will know your weaker areas and on which you need to put extra effort to convert them into your stronger areas.
Learn time management – Practicing and solving the mocks and tests series will undoubtedly help you increase your speed and give you a fair idea on which section to start first. This will help you complete the paper on time in the actual exam, enhancing your chances of scoring well.
The Final Word
Law Prep urges all candidates to follow strict plans and practice as much as possible to leave no stone unturned. Nine months are more than sufficient to prepare and make a strategy for CLAT 2022 & 2023 if aspirants are serious about making the best use of resources and time available to them.
All the best!