LSAT India is conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). It is a popular law entrance exam and tests the students’ critical thinking skills instead of current affairs or factual knowledge. The syllabus of this exam is vast and hence, requires the aspirants to allocate sufficient time to the preparation.
LSAT exam allows admission in more than 50 law schools in India. Therefore, it is very important for law aspirants to attempt all the questions to the best of their ability in order to crack the exam. The paper consists of 92 questions that candidates have to attempt within the duration of 2 hours 20 minutes. LSAT Preparation strategy:-
Section-wise LSAT Preparation Strategy
LSAT exam has questions related to Reading Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning. While preparing for this exam, students should keep in mind that it will test their critical skills and not their knowledge. The section-wise preparation strategy for LSAT is discussed below.
The Reading Comprehension section will consist of 24 questions in the paper to be completed in 35 mins. This section has lengthy passages, and questions are provided related to the passage. So, the students must have good command over reading skills as this section is time-consuming, and students don’t get time to re-read the passage. A single mistake in reading or comprehending can get other answers incorrect; hence, it is important to be accurate and careful while answering.
- Read various articles in newspapers, magazines, blogs, websites that have rich content and note down the difficult words.
- You must learn the meanings of difficult words and use the words in day to day life to remember.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can to gain more knowledge, practice, and perfection.
- While taking the mock test, read the comprehension carefully, understand the questions, and then tick the correct answer.
LSAT India 2021 will have two sections of logical reasoning, logical reasoning 1 and 2; each section will have 23 questions, and the time allotted will be 35 minutes to each section. Questions will be based on short arguments derived from different sources such as magazines and newspapers.
- You must critically think and apply your logic before answering the questions.
- The Logical Reasoning sections focus on logical connections, and the candidates must recognize specific parts of an argument and how they relate to one another.
- The passages come from a wide range of sources, including newspapers, scholarly publications, magazines, and advertisements. In order to attain perfection in this section, you need to critically evaluate the arguments presented in these sources.
- You can also refer to the judgments delivered by the supreme court on important cases. Understand the case and prepare the arguments, also, draw the conclusions.
- Practising mock tests is very important to keep your mind sharp and improve your logical reasoning skills.
This section will contain 23 questions to be completed in 35 minutes. It will test your thinking ability.
- LSAT aspirants must give importance to the analytical reasoning section, as it requires a lot of practice.
- It is necessary to practice numerous mock tests to attain perfection and accuracy.
- While solving a question, you must detect assumptions made by particular arguments and drawing well-supported conclusions.
- The analytical reasoning section will have some questions related to complex analysis, which will help law students to solve legal problems or issues.
- The candidates must practice at least five to ten legal problems every day.
- After practicing the mock tests, try to figure out solutions for all the wrong answers marked by you. Analyzing your mistakes will help you improve your skills in the area of analytical reasoning.
Do not lose confidence or give up.