AILET is an All India Law Entrance Test conducted by the National Law University, Delhi. It is a national-level exam conducted to offer admissions to BA LLB(Hons.), LLM, and Ph.D. programs at NLU Delhi. The AILET 2022 is expected to be conducted in the month of July 2022. It will be an offline exam, i.e., OMR sheet-based. The candidates are required to submit the application form online and get registered on the official website nludelhi.ac.in. In this article, we will discuss the latest AILET updates and other important information.
AILET 2022: Dates
The schedule for AILET 2022 is yet to be released on the official website of NLU Delhi. You can find some tentative dates for the exam below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Application form starts||4th week of January 2022|
|Application form closes||2nd week of June 2022|
|Release date of Admit Card||3rd week of July 2022|
|Date of exam||4th week of July 2022|
|Declaration of result||1st week of August 2022|
|Answer Key Release||1st week of August 2022|
|Counseling process start||1st week of August 2022|
AILET 2022: Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||For correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded;0.25 mark will be deducted for an incorrect attempt|
|Language of exam||English|
Important Points to Remember
- AILET Exam is conducted through offline mode. Candidates will be provided a question booklet and OMR sheet along with a rough sheet.
- Candidates are required to mark the answers in the OMR sheet using a blue or black ballpoint pen.
- The total number of questions in AILET is 150 in AILET BA LLB. The questions will be divided into five different sections, and candidates have to attempt all the questions.
- Questions unanswered will not be penalized with negative marking. But the wrong answers will fetch you a negative marking of 0.25.
- The test duration is 90 minutes. This excludes the time given for reporting.
AILET 2022: Section-Wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
AILET 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to apply for AILET 2022 must clear the following eligibility criteria set by NLU Delhi.
For BA LLB
- The candidates must have passed the 12th-grade examination or any equivalent examination with 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
- The candidates appearing for the 12th-grade annual exam are also eligible to apply.
AILET 2022: Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Other
National University Delhi will release the AILET 2022 application form tentatively in the third week of January. It will be available on the official website of NLUD. Candidates willing to apply for AILET 2022 should fill and submit the application form before the end date.
The AILET 2022 application process includes the following steps:
Online AILET Registration
- Visit the official website of NLU Delhi – nludelhi.ac.in
- Click on the AILET application link.
- Register as a new user. You are required to provide your name, mobile number, and email ID.
- Submit the details and complete the registration process.
Fill Application Form
After registration, you’ll be able to access the application form of AILET 2022. Candidates can complete the process by filling in the following details in the application form.
Personal Information: Candidates need to provide their personal details, including their name, date of birth, parent’s name, category, and other such details.
Communication Details: Candidates need to provide their permanent address, email id, etc.
Educational Qualification: Candidates will have to add their 10th and 12th marks, percentage secured, board name, subjects opted. Those who are appearing for the 12th Class exam need not enter the marks.
Fee Submission: After filling in all the details, candidates have to make the payment online. The fee payment options provided are credit card, debit card, and net banking. Offline payment will not be accepted.
|General, OBC||₹ 3050|
|General, EWS, OBC||PWD||₹ 1050|
|SC, ST||₹ 1050|
AILET 2022: Preparation Tips
AILET is a national-level entrance exam conducted all across the country. There are limited seats available in both BA LLB and LLM programmes. Therefore, students need to prepare hard to secure a seat in NLU Delhi. Keep the following points in mind while preparing for the exam:
- Make a plan and follow it strictly.
- Organize your daily routine considering your AILET preparation.
- Study for around 6-7 hours daily and try to be consistent in your preparation.
- Do not hoard books and focus more on revising.
- Make short notes, flow charts, diagrams, etc.
- Complete the AILET syllabus at least a month before the exam so you can revise everything.
- Give AILET mock tests, solve previous year’s questions at the end month.
- Analyze each mock test thoroughly and try to fix your mistakes.
Stay connected for latest AILET news and more law related articles.
Also read – AILET Complete Guide