The CLAT 2022 – Common Law Admission Test is likely to be held on 8th May. The Consortium of NLUs has prescribed the syllabus for CLAT 2022, and the students should be well-versed with the syllabus as there isn’t much time left for the CLAT exam. The CLAT 2022 exam will comprise five sections: English Language, Current Affairs and General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques. The CLAT syllabus is quite vast; hence giving extra time and effort to prepare a list of important topics from the syllabus can give you an edge over other candidates. To make it easier for you, we’ll discuss the important topics to be covered from CLAT 2022 syllabus in this article.
Important Topics for CLAT 2022: Current Affairs and General Knowledge
- This section will consist of 6-7 passages of about 450 words each.
- There will be around 35-39 questions carrying one mark each.
- The questions are designed to test the candidate’s knowledge about legal information.
- The passages would be derived from news, journals, and non-fiction writing.
- Some of the important topics for CLAT 2022 include:
- National and international current affairs
- Contemporary events of significance from India and the world
- Supreme Court judgements
- Science & Technology
- Historical events in trend
- Sports & Defence
- Government schemes
- Art & Culture of India and World
- Current events related to Indian polity
- Rights and Duties
- Important laws like IPC, CrPC, law of torts, etc.
Also read: Subject-wise Strategy to Crack CLAT Exam
Important Topics for CLAT 2022: Logical Reasoning
- This section will consist of passages of around 300 words followed by a series of questions.
- The content of the passages will be based on sets and arguments, diagrams, puzzles, relationships, and others.
- This section will test the candidate’s ability to critically analyze patterns of reasoning, logical links, and rectify illogical arguments.
- Some important topics in the Logical Reasoning section include:
- Statement & Assumption
- Statement & Course of Action
- Statement & Arguments
- Weakening & Strengthening arguments
- Cause & Effect
- Statement & Inference
- Direction and distance test
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood Relationships
Important Topics for CLAT 2022: English Language
- The English section will consist of passages of around 450 words each.
- The passages will be drawn from contemporary/historically significant fiction & non-fiction writing.
- Candidates will be tested on their understanding of the passage and their idea of its central theme, the meaning of words used, etc.
- Some important topics include:
- Reading comprehension
- Spelling errors
- Sentence completion and correction
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Proverbs and adverbs
- Idioms and phrases
- Vocabulary and word meanings
Also read: How to prepare for CLAT 2022
Important Topics for CLAT 2022: Legal Reasoning
- This section will consist of comprehension passages of 450 words each followed by objective type questions
- Questions will be based on facts or scenarios involving legal matters, or moral philosophical inquiries.
- This section will test the candidate’s problem-solving ability, research aptitude, and interest in law.
- Some of the important topics include:
- Legal GK and current affairs
- Important Landmarks and Supreme Court Judgments
- Recent acts and amendments of the legislature
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Penal Code
- Indian Contract Act
- Family Law
- Law of Torts
Important Topics for CLAT 2022: Quantitative Techniques
- The QT section will consist of passages followed by some MCQs. The questions will be in the form of DI, i.e., charts, bars, and other graphical representations.
- The candidates are required to apply various mathematical formulas and techniques to reach a conclusion.
- Some of the important topics to be covered are:
- Profit & loss
- Permutation & Combination
- Clocks & Calendars
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Table Chart
- Mixed Graphs
- Caselet D.I. (Passage Based)
CLAT 2022: Preparation Tips
- Students must be well-versed with the CLAT exam pattern and syllabus before starting CLAT preparation.
- Practice mock test series, quizzes, and sectional tests as much as possible.
- Make regular notes and focus more on revision.
- Lastly, study hard and study smart!
Stay tuned for more updates on CLAT and other related information.