How To Crack CLAT?
If you are looking forward to preparing for CLAT 2022, start by reading newspapers. The Common Law Admission Test evaluates your reasoning skills, reading skills and other abilities, and you can work on them by making a routine and analyzing the newspaper. Usually, these entrance exams have five sections: General English/Verbal Ability, CLAT Logical Reasoning, CLAT Elementary Mathematics, General Awareness, and Legal Aptitude. Except for CLAT Mathematics, all the other sections require you to read and comprehend quickly; and find the appropriate solution in the shortest possible time.
CLAT Preparation Books
- Universal’s LLB Entrance Guide
- Lexis Nexis
- Objective Arithmetic
- GK Today
- India Year Book
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Word Power Made Easy
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Manorama Year Book
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
Also read: How to prepare for CLAT 2022: Syllabus, Books, Tips
Why is Newspaper Reading Important?
Besides the obvious goal of scoring well in the CLAT exam, it will help you improve your general knowledge and form a general opinion on important events. Experienced journalists write editorials in the newspapers and share a broader perspective which will help you to form your opinion. These articles will aid you in maintaining focus over a long time, which is a good practice for reading comprehension. The vocabulary and grammar usage in such articles is top-notch and will help you with the Verbal Ability section.
Also read: Tips to Prepare for English Language Section of CLAT
Newspaper Analysis to Crack CLAT
When you are starting to read the newspaper, the most important thing to keep in your mind is to know which news is important from the examination point of view. To have a brief idea about the exam paper, you can go through the previous year’s question papers or sample papers. This will make your work easier since you are starting to prepare for the exam, you’ll know about the nature of questions being asked in the exam.
The study of the newspaper can be divided according to the sections commonly seen in the papers.
- Front Page: The front page is reserved for the most important news. Read the headlines and know which news is important and require your full attention. But, nowadays, the front page is also devoted to cover sensational news. So, you need to be good at identifying the important part & filtering the irrelevant ones.
- City and Regional News: This section is not important from the CLAT exam point of view.
- Editorial and Opinion: This section is most important to expand your horizons, widen your knowledge base, improving language skills, understanding key issues and facts required for the general awareness section.
- National and International News: You must daily read this section thoroughly and note down the important news and events. This will help you to reserve a lot of marks in your basket from the current affairs section as they are easier and quicker to answer as compared to other sections. It will, in turn, help you to stand out in the race and score better.
- Business and Economy: This section will help you to cover the current GK and current happening around the world.
- Sports: Keep an eye on the major international tournaments across various sports.
Also read: Expert Tips to Prepare For CLAT Legal Aptitude 2022
Tips to Read Newspapers for CLAT
Nobody is devoid of the important aspects of the editorial section in the newspaper. The current issues are mostly written by eminent personalities in their respective fields, who present their views and thoughts on various matters. Reading editorials will help you to have a broader perspective and look at issues from different angles, thus developing your evaluation ability. Moreover, because of the various tones used by the authors, reading editorials will also prove helpful in cracking questions related to passages, which are tone-specific.
You cannot ace CLAT without working on your vocabulary. English section carries vocab-based questions like synonyms, antonyms, idioms etc. So, a good vocabulary will help you attempt these questions correctly and ensure that you understand the true meaning of the passages. Mark, and highlight, new words you come across every day.
Also read: Expert Tips to Prepare for CLAT Legal Reasoning 2022
Once you start reading the newspaper from the exam point of view, you will develop the ability to figure out news that talks about important aspects like important appointments, political events, sports events, economic events, scientific events, and important judicial events.
The above listed strategies will help you to quickstart your preparation for CLAT 2022. You can also start your CLAT preparation online and take a step forward in your preparation as starting early is always a smart step to take.
Leave a Reply