The Common Law Admission Test is a very crucial exam for students. Today students are smart enough to decide the future opportunities and secure their future. If you dream of having a career in law at an early stage, you can start CLAT 2022 Preparation in your school, and this can prove to be an advantage for you. Most students explore their interest in Class 11th and 12th and start working on it. If you’ve planned early in school, a two-year preparation plan is all you need to crack CLAT. Taking such a decision can be a stepping stone for your career, so make sure you don’t take it lightly and waste your precious time. Always remember every minute counts.
If you’re planning to prepare for CLAT with your school, you need to keep your schedule really tight. Firstly, you need to decide whether you want to prepare for CLAT 2023 or CLAT 2024 according to the class you are presently in, and the time you will require to prepare for the exam. Due to the current situation in the country, you can start your CLAT preparation online with Law Prep Tutorials.
Also read: Tips & Tricks to Score Maximum Marks in CLAT
Where to Start?
When students are in school, they often have one question about “where to start?”. The answer to this question depends on the level of your understanding. CLAT preparation with schools can be sometimes overwhelming for the students, so they can start by reading the simplest books. You can start by reading NCERTs as the first point of reference. Studying NCERTs on Indian Constitution, Indian politics, and improving your English grammar and vocabulary will help you build the foundation. Once you’re done completing the NCERTs, you can gradually begin reading mainstream books that are used in CLAT preparation.
Clat preparation books: High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin, Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj, Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal, Pearson General Knowledge Manual and reading reputed newspapers.
Make a Daily Study Routine
Nothing greater in life can be achieved without following a plan or a routine. Preparing for CLAT with school requires your full-time efforts and time management which can only be maintained by following a study routine.
Attending school and doing CLAT preparation simultaneously can be really overwhelming for the students and easily mess up the daily routine of the students. So, it is important to make a study routine that is practically possible and doesn’t overburden you with an excess of study.
Following a strict action plan is even more vital than preparing it because, without proper execution, it will be nothing other than a waste.
A decent plan may vary depending upon the needs and daily routine of each aspirant, but some points should be incorporated in every course of the action plan. Some points are –
- Your action plan should have a balance between school studies-CLAT preparation-physical activity. These three are the most important sections in CLAT, and a sufficient amount of time should be devoted to all of them.
- Study time should be divided in a manner that you can have small intervals of leisure breaks between the subjects.
- Some sort of physical activity like cycling, yoga, or any form of exercise should be included in your routine.
- Divide your day in a way that you can equally focus on your school and CLAT studies. It is recommended to devote at least 3 hours to your CLAT preparation during the first phase of your preparation.
- After the first phase of your preparation, take mock tests for CLAT regularly to trace the progress of your preparation.
- Early to bed and early to rise is a saying that reaps positive results for students and helps them start their day in a fresh mood and energy.
Also read: Non-Educational Preparation Tips for CLAT
How to Start CLAT Preparation With School?
If you’re starting to prepare for school, you have plenty of time to develop the core skills required for clearing the exam. Here, the core skills mean reading and critical thinking skills, which are generally developed over a period of time. Most of the students develop such skills in school days, so, to start the preparation for CLAT in school, one should start by honing such skills.
- Start by reading a reputed newspaper daily; read the editorial section and legal news very carefully.
- Read legal articles and papers that contain complex legal terminology.
- While reading any article or a legal piece, try to identify the arguments and draw conclusions.
Read more – How to prepare for CLAT from Class 11