The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the most sought law entrance exam in India for finding admissions in the National Law Universities (NLUs) across the country. There are a total of 22 NLUs in India that allow admission based on the CLAT score of the students. Best Law College even without high rank looks very tough.
The exam happens once a year, with thousands of aspirants applying for it to get an NLU admission and finding the best law college. However, considering the difficulty of the exam and the level of competition, not all students can crack it. In fact, many students miss the milestone just by a couple of marks.
The result causes depression, frustration, and stress among the students who had worked hard for CLAT preparation enrolled in the best CLAT online classes, practiced mock tests, and done all sorts of things to ace the CLAT exam. If you are someone of this sort who is worried about the CLAT rank and admission in NLUs, then this important write-up is for you.
Here, we have shared insights on what to do if you miss cracking the CLAT exam and the alternate top law colleges that accept low CLAT ranks. These law colleges are great in terms of education, providing career opportunities, and paving a successful way for the future.
Also read: Law Courses After 12th
Criteria for NLU Admission
The CLAT question paper comes with a total of 150 questions for 150 total marks. The exam duration is 1.5 hours, which means you get 90 minutes to answer 150 questions.
The subjects covered in the CLAT study material are English, General Knowledge, History, Geography, Economics, Civics, Legal aptitude, Reasoning, and Elementary Mathematics. The minimum passing marks are 40%, but generally, the students who get admission in NLUs score in the range of 130 to 150 (out of 150). This means that the toppers score between 85% to 100%.
Some students also get admissions with 110 to 130 marks because of the reservation system. If not many students score 110+ scores, then sometimes aspirants who score 90+ marks also get admission in NLUs.
Also read: How to Become a Lawyer in India
Top Law Colleges Accepting CLAT Scores
If you have scored good marks but failed to surpass the cut-off, then don’t be disheartened. It is not the end of your dream or goal. You can still become a great lawyer or choose your favourite career option in law without an NLU. But you must ensure that you somehow get admission to a good law college where you can shape your career and give wings to your dreams.
Having said that, here are the best law colleges accepting CLAT scores:
- School of Law UPES Dehradun
- GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam
- Marwadi University, Rajkot
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
- Maharishi University of Information Technology, Noida
- Kirit P Mehta School of Law, Mumbai
- VIT Law School, Chennai
So, these are some of the best colleges that you can choose if you have missed the CLAT cut-off this year and want to seek a promising career in law.
Also read: Total NLU Seats in India
Law Colleges Allowing Admission Without CLAT Score
If you failed to attempt the exam or scored a poor score in the CLAT exam, then still you have the option to follow your goal. There are many good law colleges in India that allow admission without considering the CLAT score. Some of these colleges may have their own basic entrance exam but if you have prepared for CLAT, you will crack these entrance exams.
- Sage University, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- JECRC University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Ganpat University, Mehsana, Gujarat
- Amity University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr K.N. Modi University, Newai, Tonk, Rajasthan
- Bhai Gurdas Group Of Institutions, Sangrur, Punjab
- KL University (KLU), Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Sandip University, Nashik, Maharashtra
- Raffles University, Neemrana, Rajasthan
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
Marks are not the decider of your life. It is understood that CLAT is one of the toughest law entrance exams in India with high competition. Thousands of students fail to crack this exam every year, but that doesn’t mean that it is the end of their goal. By choosing the right law college despite a low CLAT rank, you can still make a promising career in law.
Have any doubts or questions? Write in the comments.
Leave a Reply