CLAT FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]
1. What is CLAT?
CLAT is an abbreviation for Common Law Admission Test. It is a common law school entrance exam for 22 National Law Schools across the country.
2. Which university will conduct CLAT 2020?
CLAT 2020 will be conducted by CLAT Consortium of NLU.
3. What is the application procedure for CLAT?
Each year, the forms are released online from 1st January. The forms can be accessed on CLAT’s official website, i.e. https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/
4. Which are the 22 participating National Law Schools for CLAT?
- NLSIU – Bangalore
- NALSAR – Hyderabad
- NLIU – Bhopal
- WBNUJS – Kolkata
- NLU – Jodhpur
- HNLU – Raipur
- GNLU – Gandhinagar
- RMLNLU – Lucknow
- RGNUL – Patiala
- CNLU – Patna
- NUALS – Kochi
- NLUO – Cuttack
- NUSRL – Ranchi
- NLUJAA – Guwahati
- DSNLU – Visakhapatnam
- TNNLS – Tiruchirappalli
- MNLU – Mumbai
- MNLU – Nagpur
- DNLU – Jabalpur
- HPNLU – Shimla
- MNLU – Aurangabad
- DBRANLU – Sonipat
5. What is the Official CLAT Rankings of the participating NLU’s?
None. CLAT [Common Law Admission Test] does not have any official rankings and the choice of admission depends solely on the basis of preference given by the candidates while filling in the form.
6. How many seats are there in each NLU for CLAT?
The breakup of seats in 2020: Click HERE.
7. What is the NRI Sponsored Category in CLAT?
As per the official website of CLAT: TBA
8. What is the date of CLAT 2020 examination?
(usually 2nd Sunday of May)
9. What is the mode of examination?
From 2019, CLAT would be an offline test.
10. What is the pattern of CLAT?
Total Marks 200
Number of Questions: 200
Multiple-choice questions: One mark each
Duration: 2 hours
11. What are the subjects included in CLAT?
English: 40 Marks
Mathematics: 20 Marks
Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks
General Awareness: 50 Marks
Legal Aptitude: 50 Marks
12. What is the syllabus of CLAT 2020?
13. Where do I find previous years CLAT papers?
Official link is HERE.
14. What is the procedure for Specially Abled Persons?
There is a need base arrangement for Specially Abled Persons (SAP). Contact CLAT Committee
15. Do the SAP get extra time?
Yes. 40 minutes, i.e. 2 Hours 40 Minutes
16. What is the medium of examination?
17. Is there negative marking?
18. Do the participating universities have the common rules of reservation ?
No, each university has its own set of rules regarding reservation based on the State laws and policies.
19. I want admission in a particular National Law University only. What should I do?
At the time of filling the form, you can choose the order of preference of the NLUs. The NLU that you’ll be allotted is based on your marks and preference list.
20. Is there any National Law University that is not part of CLAT 2020?
Yes. National Law University Delhi [NLU Delhi] conducts its own entrance exam named AILET [All India Law Entrance Test].
21. Where can I get the study material for CLAT 2020?
Online Course for CLAT 2020: Click HERE.
Postal Course for CLAT 2020: Click HERE.
Classroom Course for CLAT 2020: Contact Centers.
22. Where can I find Current Affairs for CLAT 2020?
Daily current affairs are uploaded on the website, Facebook & Instagram pages of Law Prep Tutorial.
Link for Current Affairs: Click HERE.
23. Any other query:
Kindly contact Law Prep Tutorial at firstname.lastname@example.org