The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2020) will be conducted by the CLAT Consortium of NLU.
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- The TamilNadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU)
The first CLAT Core Committee consisting of Vice-Chancellors of the seven participating NLUs at that time decided that the test shall be conducted by rotation in the order of their establishment. Accordingly, the first Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) was conducted in the year 2008. Now there are 22 participating NLUs and following the practice.
Educational Qualification for Admission: A candidate should have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates), as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities.
Age: No upper age limit.
Admission Forms: Admission forms for CLAT 2020 would be available online only at CLAT website.
Deadline for Form Submission: March 2020
Date of Examination: May 2020
Mode: From 2019, CLAT would be offline