Competitive exams like CLAT require the students to be well-acquainted with the exam syllabus, exam pattern, and the most appropriate books that will help the aspirants prepare their best. With the best books for CLAT preparation, the candidates can concentrate specifically on exam-related topics and avoid irrelevant subject matters.
While preparing for the CLAT exam, the candidate should go through the section-wise books and solve the previous years’ paper and mock tests.
The CLAT preparation books are designed in a manner that they can cover each and every aspect of all the sections.
Best Books for CLAT English Language
The English section includes 28-32 questions mainly based on comprehension. Also, there will be grammar and vocabulary-related questions based on the comprehension passages. The recommended CLAT resources and books for English include:
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin.
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal.
- 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Norman Lewis and Wilfred J Funk
- Six Weeks to Words of Power by Wilfred Funk.
- Better English by Norman Lewis.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
Best CLAT Books for CLAT Legal Aptitude
The Legal Aptitude section of the CLAT exam consists of 28-32 questions based on legal propositions and their conclusions. This section includes questions from Legal Awareness topics like some recent important cases in the Supreme Court or Legal Maxims/Legal Vocabulary. The recommended CLAT resources and books for Legal Aptitude include:
- Vision for a Nation: Paths and Perspectives by former PM Dr. Manmohan Singh (launched in Feb 2020)
- The Transformative Constitution: A Radical Biography in Nine Acts; by Gautam Bhatia
- A People’s Constitution – by Rohit De
- Privacy 3.0: Unlocking Our Data-Driven Future by Rahul Matthan
- Thinking Like a Lawyer (A New Introduction To Legal Reasoning) by Frederick Schauer
- The Constitution of India: Miracle, Surrender, Hope by Rajeev Dhavan
- India’s Founding Moment: The Constitution of a Most Surprising Democracy by Madhav Khosla
Read More: How To Prepare For CLAT Legal Reasoning
Best Books For CLAT Current Affairs & General Knowledge
The General Knowledge section contains passages of 450 words based on factual and non-fictional data. The recommended CLAT resources and books are:
- Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2022
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- The Manorama Yearbook, 2022
- India Year Book
- Subscription to a national daily; The Hindu Newspaper, Hindustan Times, The Telegraph Newspaper, The Indian Express Newspaper
- Pratiyogita Darpan
Read More: How To Prepare For CLAT General Knowledge
Best Books For CLAT Logical Reasoning
The Logical reasoning section contains 35-29 questions based on relationships, analogy, syllogism, pattern, etc., and the data will be provided in a 300-word passage. Candidates can refer to the following books for their preparation:
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- 501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Book
- Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma.
- Quantitative Aptitude ebook by RS Aggarwal
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
Read More: How To Prepare For CLAT Logical Reasoning
Best Books for CLAT Quantitative Aptitude
The quantitative section contains 13-17 questions. This section is based on an elementary level. So the candidates should prepare for the basic concepts and theorems. Candidates can refer to the following books for their preparation:
- Data interpretation by RS Aggarwal.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publications
- Data interpretation by Arun Sharma.
- NCERT Mathematics textbooks from Class 6 to Class 10
- 30 days wonder for Maths by S Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson’s
Q. Are the books mentioned above enough to prepare for CLAT 2022?
Ans. Yes, the candidates who are preparing for the CLAT 2022 exam can refer to the above-mentioned books.
Q. How will the best books for CLAT help the candidate in preparation?
Ans. If the candidates refer to the best books, they can concentrate on the syllabus rather than on irrelevant topics.