The Consortium of NLUs releases CLAT Exam Day Guidelines and instructions every year. All candidates appearing for the CLAT exam are obliged to follow these instructions.
CLAT 2022 will be conducted on the 8th of May. The instructions related to the COVID are yet to be released, but the other instructions remain the same. So let’s walk through the article to know the CLAT exam day instructions.
General CLAT 2022 Exam Instructions
- All the candidates must carry their admit card and valid ID proof such as Aadhar, Voter ID, Passport, etc.
- Each and every student has to participate in the thermal screening process.
- Applicants are supposed to reach the exam center at least 1 hour before the exam starts.
- Any kind of study material, paper, or calculator is prohibited inside the examination center.
- Candidates are advised to verify their seating arrangement soon after entering the exam hall to avoid any hassle.
- Candidates cannot seek clarifications regarding the questions from anybody while the test is ongoing.
- Candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall 15 minutes after the commencement of the examination.
- Applicants are required to switch off their mobile phones and deposit them at the designated location.
- Applicants are required to sign on the admit card in the presence of the Invigilator.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the exam hall before the exam is over.
Also Read: Important Topics for CLAT 2022 Syllabus
Guidelines for PwD Category
PwD category candidates who are appearing for the CLAT exam have to arrange their own Reader/ Lab Assistant/ Scribe and inform the regional coordinator. The qualification of the Reader/ Lab Assistant/ Scribe should be one level below the test-taking candidates. Candidates will also have to carry their PwD certificates to the exam hall.
CLAT Code of Conduct
- Candidates must write their roll number on top of the rough sheet provided and dump it in the drop-box before leaving the exam hall.
- Candidates found either copying or receiving or giving assistance to others will be disqualified from the exam.
- No electronic devices are allowed in the exam hall.
- Do not talk once inside the exam hall.
Also Read: CLAT exam pattern 2022, Mode, Type of question, Marking
Banned Items for the CLAT Exam
- All items except those prescribed by the conducting authorities are banned in the examination hall. A few of them are as follows:
- Food items.
- Any kind of metallic substances
- Electronic gadgets such as headphones, mobile phones, smartwatches, health bands, Bluetooth, microphones, or any other electronic device are banned.
- Study materials or stationery items such as pencil boxes, books, paper, calculators, plastic boxes, pen drives, erasers, writing pads, electronic pens, pieces of paper, scanners, etc., are strictly prohibited.
List of Allowed and Not-Allowed Items
- Slippers and sandals only
- Half T-Shirt/Shirt
- Kurti/Top (Half-Sleeves)
- Doctor prescribed lens or specs
- Tiny rubber band
Not Allowed Items
- Burqa, Cap, Kurta Pajama
- Big buttons, brooch/badges
- Full Sleeves Shirt or T-Shirts
- Any jewelry or ornaments
- Hair clips
Also Read: CLAT Syllabus 2022: Subject Wise Details & Important Topics
Covid Specific Guidelines
- If a candidate has more temperature than 99.14, the person will be taken to the isolation lab to take the test.
- If a candidate arrives with a scribe at the exam hall, the person and the scribe must have an N95 mask.
- Maintaining a social distance is necessary at the exam center.
- The candidates are advised to carry masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and exam-related documents to the exam center.
- Spray machines with a disinfectant liquid and sanitization will be done thoroughly in all examination centers.
Note: The COVID-specific guidelines are yet to be declared by the authorities for the CLAT 2022 exam; let’s wait till further instructions.
CLAT 2022 Dress Code
- Candidates have to wear half-sleeve clothes, which should not have a big badge or button.
- Candidates must wear light-colored clothes in order to eliminate the chances of hiding any kind of cheating material.
- Shoes are not permissible in the exam center. Candidates are required to wear sandals or slippers.
- Only analogue wrist watches are allowed in the exam center.
- The CLAT exam center does not have safekeeping, so the candidates should not carry any expensive items to the center.
The Last Word
We hope you’re clear with the CLAT exam day instructions; any further changes or additions will be updated in the article. Stay tuned for more updates on the CLAT exam and other law entrance exams.
Leave a Reply